We survey “as-built” environments efficiently and create illustrative 3D models from them. We have solid experience in exploiting captured realities in industrial projects. We have integrated captured reality methods into our design processes in 2013.
Creating 3D Virtual Worlds
With the help of dimensionally-accurate surveying data, we create virtual worlds, the exploitation of which is not anymore limited by the sky.
- Utilization spatial data in design
- Preparation animations and simluations
- Production of marketing materials
Volume calculation of inventory levels. Accuracy and efficiency for monitoring material piles in external and internal warehouses. The object that is being monitored is mapped at appropriate intervals and the changes that have taken place are analyzed.
- Efficient inventory of material piles
- Accurate information on the volume of materials
- Accurate metrics for business monitoring
- Comprehensive documentation of volume changes in material piles
- Reporting results to the customer
Our surveying solutions provide ease and support, utilizing the latest technology, for working in infrastructure sectors.
- Terrain marking
- Precision measurements
Terrain laser scanning produces a point cloud from the “as-built” environment. Each point in the point cloud has coordinates that allow to measure distance.
Laser scanning can be utilized both outdoors and indoors. From the point clouds, we form a visually impressive surface model.
- At Merius, we utilize point cloud data, e.g. as an input for design
- We use Faro Focus S350 laser scanner
In UAV mapping, aerial photography is performed with a camera mounted on a drone or a miniature helicopter. Signals and common objects can be used to tie the images together and photogrammetrically produce a point cloud and orthophoto from the images, from which a surface model can then be created.
- UAV mapping is utilized to gather baseline data for regions and environments and to create virtual worlds.
- We use Geodrone X4L and Propeller Aeropoint intelligent signals
Total station surveying
Total station surveying can be used to determine the coordinates of objects very accurately. It is based on determining the distance and angle through which the locations of different objects can be measured.
- We utilize total station measurement in tasks that require accurate location information.
- We use Trimble S6 total station
For outdoor point measurement, a GNSS (GPS & Glonass) measuring device is available, which can be used to measure the locations of objects with the best accuracy (up to 1 cm) and mark the locations of plans in the map coordinate system for terrain viewing.
- We use GNSS Trimble R10